July 13th Coaching Call
When you send out emails, you want to get the best results and have your subscribers opening your email. But this might not happen and it leaves you wondering what went wrong.
Igor walks you through the possible causes of a low open rate and also covers things you can do to improve your open rate.
Ensure that you implement these changes to improve your open rate and get a more responsive list.
How your chosen niche affects your open rate – Different niches have varying open rates. The deeper you go into a niche the higher your open rate. Staying broad means you need to spend more time on the list to increase the open rate.
How your traffic source affects your open rate – Traffic quality and source defines your open rate. When you send an endorsed email to your traffic you would get a higher open rate because the email is leveraging on an authority who they can relate with. Also if your traffic is from a Solo ad campaign it will give you a higher open rate than if it were to be from Facebook ad because of the audience type.
How “Who is sending the email” affects your open rate – If your list knows you and you have built a solid relationship with them, then they will always anticipate receiving your emails and this will give you a higher open rate.
The media subscribers use to get on your list affects your open rate – You would get higher open rates from webinar attendees vs free PDF subscribers. So the route through which the subscriber got on your list can affect how they respond to your emails.
How buying habits affect your open rate – Subscribers who got on your list after making a purchase will give you a higher open rate than those who got on your list for a freebie. Buyers or steroid buyers will give a higher open rate. Strive to have a buyers list by creating your own product.
How the lifespan of the subscriber affects your open rate – New subscribers tend to give you a higher open rate because at that point they are highly interested in your offer. So you should strive to keep adding and growing your list.
How segmentation affects your open rate – When you segment your list and separate those who usually open from those who rarely open, you will have a higher open rate by sending to the segmented “openers” list.
How “email delivery rate” affects your open rate – Things like DKIM, domain reputation, IP reputation can all affect your open rate. So you should ensure that you have everything set properly before you send your emails.
How words in the email content affect open rate – Certain words tend to trigger Spam filters when they appear within your email or subject lines. So you need to avoid them when sending out emails to your list to improve your open rates.
How the content of your email affects open rate – Is the content of your email relevant to your target audience? Sending out content that resonates with your list will make them want to read your email hence increasing your open rate.
Things that do not increase your open rate and should be avoided:
– Trying to be helpful and sending free stuff to your list.
– Boycotting selling to your list kills your list, so send more marketing emails to your list.
– Hard teaching to showcase yourself reduces your open rate and makes you look desperate.
– Sending fewer emails or cutting down your email frequency makes your list expect less from you and will not open your emails.
– Toggling between short and long-form emails to your list. Stay consistent and be known for a type of format.
– Asking your list to hit reply instead of asking them to click a link.
Things to do to improve your open rates
– Segment your list – email those who have been opening more often and test those who did not open.
– Enforce email validation using software to weed out fake email addresses.
– Change your “From email” to see what works better.
– Change your tracking domain to see if another type will work better.
– Make subscribers jump through more hoops to get them into the habit of opening your emails.
– Change your email autoresponder to experiment with IPs.
– Change your “from” name to see what works best.
July 6th Coaching Call
- “Split testing is a good way to find out what will increase your open rate.”
- “Follow the rules that have been proven to improve open rates and implement them.”
TOOLBOX & RESOURCE DOWNLOADS
- Build a 10k Subscriber List With a Free Traffic Source
- Solo Arbitrage or "Middleman Method" - How to Start a Solo Ad Agency Without Your Own Email List. a Side Hustle That Made Igor Almost $2 Million Dollars in 12 Months
- Podcast Episode Titled Marketing, Values and Texas
- Claim Your Complementary Email Audit Call With an Email Expert
- List Building Lifestyle Anthem
- Coaching Call on How to Increase Your Open Rates From April 13th